Soneva Gili - Maldives
Located on Lankanfushi Island on North Malé Atoll, Soneva Gili is truly unique, being the first all over-water villa resort in the Maldives. A mere fifteen minute speedboat journey from the airport, Soneva Gili is located in one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Its crystal clear turquoise waters are ideal for snorkelling. The whole resort has been carefully planned to ensure that you are afforded absolute privacy.
The water villa suites and residences are rustic in appearance and offer the ultimate in home comforts while skilfully utilising natural materials and traditional fabrics. The villas are unbelievably spacious and have open-air living rooms and bathrooms, rooftop sun deck and also a 'floating' sun deck. The Private Reserve which is 1,400m2, is the largest overwater villa in the world. Facilities also include an Oceanside restaurant, overwater bar, gourmet cellar and also the superb Six Senses Spa. Soneva Gili is quite simply the ultimate water's edge experience.
Reference : IOM
- Location: On Lankanfushi on Malé Atoll.
- Transfer times: 20 minutes by speedboat.
- 45 rooms: Villa Suites/Residences/Crusoe Residences.
- Restaurants/bars: 2 restaurants, gourmet cellar, bar and villa dining.
- Spa/beauty services: Six Senses Spa.
- Water Activities: FREE -Windsurfing, hobie cats, swimming pool. (Payable Locally) - Scuba diving, snorkelling and speedboats.
- Land Activities: Tennis, table tennis, cycling, boules, volleyball, badminton, board games, library, video with music library and cultural excursions (payable locally). 2 Shops offering gift and souvenir ideas.
- Board basis: Room only (Bed and Breakfast, and Half Board also available).