Wellness India - India
Imagine yourself awakening from a 5,000-year-long slumber. Your soul will feel similarly revitalized after uncovering the history of all things wellness in India. This 11-day tour covers some of the country’s most hallowed spiritual ground while also ensuring you catch the iconic sites of Northern India. Upon your arrival in Delhi, you’ll be introduced to the incredible diversity within India’s culture. Continue your discovery with a three-night stay at an ashram in Rishikesh where you’ll learn the history of yoga and meditation, before reaching Dharamshala, home of the Dalai Lama. As your eyes open on the final morning of your journey, you’ll see the world — and yourself — with a newfound warmth.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women With Wheels project.
Day 2 Delhi/Rishīkesh
This morning, enjoy a yoga session in the lush lodi gardens, amongst the backdrop of the ancient monuments. After depart for Rishikesh on the banks of the holy Ganges and check into our ashram, home for the next 3 nights.
Day 3 Rishīkesh
Rise early for a yoga session at the Ashram. After, explore Rishikesh on a walking tour including a visit to Bharat Mandir, the oldest and most sacred Temple in the region. This evening, join locals and pilgrims for an aarti ceremony on the banks of the holy Ganges.
Day 4 Rishīkesh
Start the morning with an invigorating yoga session. The day is then free to relax and reflect or opt to have ayurvedic treatments or visit the famed Beatles Ashram. This evening join a calming meditation session.
Day 5 Rishīkesh/Nālāgarh
After morning yoga, settle in for the drive to Nalagarh in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. Here we take a walk through the Village and stay the night in a heritage hotel at the Nalagarh Fort which was built in 1421.
Day 6 Nālāgarh/Dharamshala
Rise early for yoga before the scenic drive to Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama. Take a walking tour around this vibrant city in the foothills of the Himalayas.
Day 7 Dharamshala
Take a morning yoga class then spend the day visiting key sites including The Dalai Lama Temple complex, Norbulingka Institute and hike to Bhagsunath Temple. A perfect way to explore the varied spiritual beliefs in northern India.
Day 8 Dharamshala
Enjoy morning yoga, then opt to relax or take meditation or healing therapies. Later, take an excursion to the ancient Masroor rock-cut Temples.
Day 9 Dharamshala/Amritsar
After a morning yoga session, travel to Amritsar and visit the India-Pakistan border to witness the pomp and pageantry of the border ceremony performed by both nation's border guards. Later visit the stunning Golden Temple, an important pilgrimage site for Sikhs.
Day 10 Amritsar/Delhi
Visit the Jallianwala Bagh gardens and memorial before catching a flight to Delhi. Opt to join the CEO for a farewell dinner.
Day 11 Delhi
Depart at any time.
- Your G for Good Moment: Women With Wheels Transfer, Indira Gandhi International Airport Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Morning Yoga at Lodi Gardens, Delhi Your Wellness Moment: Ashram Experience, Rishīkesh Your Wellness Moment: Yoga at an Ashram, Rishīkesh Your Wellness Moment: Aarti ceremony, Rishīkesh Your Wellness Moment: Meditation Rishikesh Ashram, Rishīkesh Your Wellness Moment: Nālāgarh Fort Yoga, Nālāgarh Your Wellness Moment: Dharamshala Yoga, Dharamshala
- Rishikesh walking tour and visit to Bharat Mandir Temple
- Nalagarh Fort and Village Walk
- Visit Dalai Lama Temple, Norbulingka Institute and Bhagsunath Temple
- Masrur Temples Excursion
- Wagah Border Ceremony and visit to the Golden Temple
- Visit Jallianwala Bagh
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 10 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 3 dinners