India & Nepal Explorer - India
Home to the Taj Majal, Delhi's Jama Masjid Mosque, and the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, this area is known as the Golden Triangle for a reason. But adventurous travellers know it's also bursting with small-town colours and regional culture. This compact 8-day tour offers plenty of time at the best monuments plus local markets, villages and a stay in a heritage hotel for a taste of traditional life. Everyone should see Rajasthan once in their life—this adventure makes it easy for all.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Delhi/Āgra
Walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, explore Old Delhi with our CEO before an afternoon drive to Agra.
Day 3 Āgra
Spend the day visiting the highlights of the walled city of Agra including the famed Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 4 Āgra/Jaipur
Drive to Jaipur, visiting the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the village of Abhaneri, which has one of India's deepest and largest stepwells (tank gardens).
Day 5 Jaipur
Explore the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, including the Amber Fort, City Palace, and view the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to visit local markets and catch a Bollywood film.
Day 6 Jaipur/Sāwarda
Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where we stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Enjoy a walk in the village and observe a family prayer session.
Day 7 Sāwarda/Delhi
Drive back to bustling Delhi.
Day 8 Delhi/Kathmandu
Transfer to the airport and catch a flight to Kathmandu.
Day 9 Kathmandu
Spend the day exploring Kathmandu and the surrounding area. Highlights include Boudhanath Stupa, one of the world's largest Buddhist shrines, and the Royal City of Bhaktapur. Also, visit the Sisterhood of Survivors Project for lunch.
Day 10 Kathmandu/Pharping
Opt to take a morning Everest experience flight. Explore Patan Durbar Square then drive to Pharping for an overnight stay at a Buddhist Monastery guesthouse. Learn about life in the monastery and opt to share a meal or meditate alongside the monks. Opt to walk or cycle the grounds and trails in the surrounding forest.
Day 11 Pharping/Kurintar
Drive to Kurintar and our nature lodge on the banks of Trishuli River. Opt to enjoy nature walks, village visits, or whitewater rafting.
Day 12 Kurintar/Chitwan National Park
Drive to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chitwan National Park. Spend 2 nights enjoying cultural and wildlife excursions.
Day 13 Chitwan National Park
Explore Chitwan National Park and the villages surrounding it. Enjoy a village walking tour, boating, nature walks, and a jeep safari in the park in search of Bengal tigers, rhinos, leopards, wild elephants, black bears, monkeys, and crocodiles.
Day 14 Chitwan National Park/Pokhara
Drive across the mountains to beautiful Pokhara and immerse yourself in stunning views of the Himalayas.
Day 15 Pokhara
Enjoy the early morning sunrise and mountain views from Sarangkot. Later, go boating in Phewa Lake and hike to the World Peace Pagoda. Opt to go paragliding or just explore on your own.
Day 16 Pokhara/Kathmandu
Catch a flight back to the capital, Kathmandu.
Day 17 Kathmandu
Depart at any time.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Local Village Immersion, Sāwarda Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels, a G Adventures-supported project
- Walking tour and project visit with a local guide in Delhi
- Tour of Old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple
- VIsit the Taj Mahal, Baby Taj and Agra Fort
- Excursion to Fathpur Sikri and the Abhaneri Stepwells (tank gardens)
- Explore Jaipur including the Amber Fort, Jaipur City Palace and Hawa Mahal
- Visit the village of Sawarda and overnight in a heritage home
- Kathmandu city tour including Boudhanath Stupa
- Visit with lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sisterhood of Survivors Project
- Bhaktapur guided tour
- Tour in Patan Durbar Square
- Experience monastic life at Neydo Monastery
- Activities in Chitwan National Park including canoeing, cultural program, Village walking tour and Jeep Safari
- Pokhara city tour including Sarangkot, boating in Phewa Lake and hike to World Peace Pagoda
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 16 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 5 dinners